An excerpt from the Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Several things I would like to point out...
#1 We the People, are still in control! It may not seem like it and it may not feel like it, but we are! Government only retains its power by OUR CONSENT. Therefore, if we want to change the direction of this country, we can no longer give our consent to the tyrannical pushes towards absolute Despotism. We must speak out against all abuses and usurpations and do all that we can to abolish these evils, including if need be, once all other avenues have been exhausted, throw off this government!!!

#2 I do not make the first statement lightly. It is a scary thing to consider and ponder throwing off our government. And I certainly agree that it should NOT be done for light and transient causes. It grieves my spirit to no end that these are even thoughts that I have to ponder and I pray, I pray, I pray that it will not come to this! However, I musn't let my fear of man nor shall I let what
"experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed"
keep me from my duty. Why? Because the Glory of God is at stake here! We must stand up for what is Just and True and Right.
In a different context, but with the same principle being applicable, God said, "I'd rather you be hot or cold, but because you are lukewarm, I will spit you out of My mouth!" PERHAPS, this is exactly why we find ourselves where we do in this country! We've been lukewarm (if not cold!) for too long!!! God have mercy on us!

#3 Please take 10 minutes out of your day and reread the whole
Declaration of Independence! Read the list of grievances and ponder the idea of Petitioning for Redress. Think about our current form of government and how many of the King's abuses line up with our Leader. Yes, the King has done things that our government has not (yet!) but a thorough examination of the King's ideology (which is a lot of the same ideology behind our Leader) will certainly lead to these things. Be vigilant and pray for our nation and our leaders.

God only knows the outcome of this chapter in our history. Our duty is simply to trust His Providential Care and Superintendence. The good news is, we can rest in knowing that the final chapter (victory) is already decided. Of which, I hope to blog about soon for those who have not studied it much.

However, in the mean-time, like the Reformers, who never could've imagined the impact of their labor against tyranny; we too must do all that we can, by God's strength, to fight the forces of evil and uphold the Truths from His Word.

Nevertheless...

Not my will, but Thine be done, Oh Lord my God;

My Rock and my Deliverer.

1 comments:

Emily said...

All I have to say is, "Amen!"

♥E