In the year King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on the throne, high and exalted, and the train of His robe filled the temple. Above Him were two seraphs...and they were calling:

"Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord Almighty;
the whole earth is full of His glory."

I cried, "Woe is me!" "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty."

This Lord's day, I have a two-fold prayer right out of this passage from Isaiah 6...
1) That the Body of Christ, like Isaiah, could behold the true majesty of our great King and His holiness, so much so that it causes us to...
2) See our uncleaness and cry "Woe is me!"

The church in America for far too long has watered down the gospel of Jesus Christ. We have tried every way possible to make the 'lost' feel welcomed and comfortable but perhaps a lesson from this passage might be that...

If the church will hold up the holiness of God (meaning ALL His manifold perfections), instead of a multitude of programs, perhaps the people of this land would begin to get uncomfortable with their uncleaness.

Just a thought, inspired by today's sermon...