John Piper is one of my favorite pastor\authors. I've read almost all of his books and it never ceases to amaze me how much closer I am drawn to my Lord through his writings. I do not idolize this man. I am just very thankful to God for his ministry to me through him. Hebrews 13:7 reminds us that we should, "Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith."
So, today I'm obeying the command to remember 'one who has spoken the Word of God' to me and praying that I might be able to 'imitate his deep and profound faith' in the Lord.
Here are some of his quotes and I pray that they draw you Godward too...


Love is doing whatever you have to do, at whatever cost to yourself, in order to help another person stop finding pleasure in being made much of, and help them get to the mature God-besoughted, Christ-exalting, joyfully self-forgetting ----delight---- in making much of God for the sake of others.



Grace is the pleasure of God
to magnify the worth of God
by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God
without obscuring the glory of God.




When we hope in God, we glorify God as the fountain of deep and lasting joy.
When we pray, we give expression to that God-glorifying hope.
And when we obey with joy, we prove that the God of All-Satisfying Hope is real in our lives.




Not what we dutifully will but what we passionately want reveals our excellence or evil.

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.

1 comments:

Laura {{* *}} said...

What God has worked through an ordinary man!

May we find ourselves thus so,
wherever our pulpit is perched.

{{* *}}